Thursday 14 August 2014

The Sunkissed Summer Tag


Happy Thursday!
I haven't really done a tag post in a while and I've seen this one floating around the internet lately so why not?
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow?
I've never really been one for fake tan purely because off the fear of being a walking orange glob, so my go-to product is probably the Soap and Glory Wonderbronze just which gives you a little bit of a tan and makes it look like you do actually leave your house on a regular basis. 
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
I think of summer as being happy so I think that happy books fit perfectly. I really like I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella who I've decided is my favourite 'girly' author, so basically her books aren't about people exploding or killing each other. I also highly recommend the Shopaholic series. 
3. What's your signature summer scent this year?
I'm pretty sure this perfume is the same one I wore last summer and that's Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. Could it really have been anything else? It's rather fruity and bold which I think makes it great for summer.  
4. The sun is shining and it's time to get outside! What's your favourite thing to do?
I really like meeting up with friends and pretty much just seeing where the day takes us. If it's really nice weather then we might go to the park or nip into town for a bit.
5. You're in the broadwalk and your stomache is grumbling. What's your go-to summer beach food?
Okay, I have no idea what a broadwalk is so we're going to go with a pier and if I were on a pier then I'd be by the sea which can only mean one thing. Fish and Chips. It's a sea side must. 
6. Suncream is always important, but it's a MUST in summer! What's your favourite?
I quite like the Banana Boat Sports Lotion in SPF50 but that might be because I like to say 'banana boat'. We never seem to have this at home so most of the time I use the Nivea Sun Spray in SPF 50. 
7. After a day in the sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
I'd love to be able to say 'oh I just jump in the pool in the garden' but that would be a slight issue considering we don't have a pool. I just tend to find the coolest room in the house and watch some TV for a bit until I feel less sweaty and disgusting. 
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer?
If it's really hot then I tend to have it up in a bun just so it's out of my face and off my neck which helps to make me a little cooler.
9. Must-have summer nail polish for summer 2014?
I really like pastel colours in the summer and recently I've really been loving the Barry M Silk collection in the shade Heather which is a light, slightly iridescent, purple. 
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
This summer I've really been loving Dance Mom's and Catfish, although neither of them are actually on Netflix, so I've been re-watching a fair few of the Marvel films. 
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturiser in the summer?
The majority of the time in the summer I just don't bother with make up at all because most days I'm not doing anything of any significance, so I don't really mind how bad I look. 
12. It's super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
I love wearing hats but more so in the winter than in the summer, so sunglasses it is. Although I do often get worried that I'm going to end up with sunglasses tan lines across my face which is never a good look. 
13. What is your summer jam this year?
Lately, I've really been loving Rude by Magic, Ghost by Ella Henderson and also Budapest by George Ezra.
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
This is going to sound weird but one of the things on my bucket list is to learn how to play chess and that hasn't happened yet so I best get cracking. 
15, Bikini, tankini or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
Okay, this is also weird but I don't actually own any form of swimming attire and haven't done for about the last five years so I should probably change that.  
16. Summer means heat... and sweat! What's your favourite sweat proof product this year?
I find this a really weird question to answer, so I'm just going to go with deodorant. I like to use the Sure Lasting Perfection in Bright which smells rather floral and definitely helps combat the sweating issue that we all know too well. 
17. Summer wouldn't be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavour, what would it be?
It would probably be some sort of cookie dough and marshmallow blend. Oh I really want to try that now.

If you'd like to do this tag then feel free and leave me a link to your post in the comments down below. 
Thanks for reading!
See you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment