Saturday 2 August 2014

PROM!


Happy Saturday!
All the way back in June I finished year 11 which can only mean one thing and if you hadn't guessed by the title of this post that thing is prom!
I thought I'd give you a little run down of the day and what I wore because I know that leading up to the occasion I didn't really know what to expect or where to even start looking for a dress!
THE DRESS
Now, I know to most it seems a bit risky *and trust me, it did to me as well* but I ordered my prom dress on-line from a website called Dylan Queen. I had often looked at dresses on-line because I had never really been able to find any that I really liked in store however the only thing that persuaded my mum to let me order a dress was that my cousin, who is the same age as me, had recently ordered her dress from there and had no problems, and I'm pleased to say that neither did I! It can be risky ordering things online, especially if its not from a reputable brand. The dress came well with in the estimated delivery time although the postage cost was rather high but that's because it was coming from China. If anything, the dress was a bit big but that's most likely a fault of my own measuring and it also matched the picture on the website really well. Overall, I am rather pleased with my shopping experience from Dylan Queen and I would definitely consider ordering from them again if I ever have another ball type event to go to, although I highly doubt I will.
The dress I chose was a light sky blue with a lace embroidered bodice with small beads and sequins sown on which really caught the light and added a little sparkle to the dress. The back of the dress was sheer lace which is my favourite part and is the main reason why I chose it. 

THE HAIR
I was the only one of my friends that didn't have their hair done professionally which at first made me feel a little nervous that I was going to stick out but I really don't think it was noticeable at all. In fact it was sort of the other way around as I was asked  if I had my hair done professionally and they where surprised when I said I'd done it myself (which I found ever so sweet). I basically just curled all of my hair with the BaBylis Curl Secret and then followed this Cute Girls Hairstyles tutorial with my sisters help. It took us about an hour to complete my hair but the majority of that time was spent curling it but that time paid off as the curls stayed in all night! 
THE MAKE-UP
I didn't want to look back on my prom photos in ten years time and think "wow what is up with my make up?!" so for that reason I kept it fairly natural and SPF free to avoid flashback in photos. 

The products I used were:
Benefit Porefessional
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in R2/C2 - Rose Vanilla
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 - Fair
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 - Transparent
Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in 05 - Eternal Gold
Maybelline Big Eyes Quad in 01 - Luminous Brown
Maybelline 24 Hour Gel Eyeliner in 01 - Black
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless in 001 - Black
Soap and Glory Wonderbronze
Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in 050 - Live Pink
Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush in 100 - Give Me a Cuddle 

Thanks for reading! 
See you tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment