Sunday 19 January 2014

My Favourite Books


Happy Sunday! 
I hope you all had a lovely week. 
After wondering long and hard about what to write about this week I finally came to the decision to write about my favourite books. I love reading and I really need to make more time to do so. 
When I tidied my room a few weeks ago I made space on a shelf for some of my many books and in the process I put all my favourites together with out even realising until a week or so later. 
There's not really one genre of books that I read specifically, it's more of a bit of everything. I love crime books, girly books and pretty much everything in between. 
One of my all time favourites is a book called Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian I first read this book when I was in year 6, and reread it again last year. I find the story so moving and so sweet and I think that it's a book that I will carry with me throughout my life. 
Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite authors at the moments, I especially love her books I've Got Your Number and Mini Shopaholic. I class her books as 'girly' ones as they are quite often about romance but they are most definitely great reads. 
I think one of my favourite famous people ever is Ellen DeGeneres, she's so kind and funny and her books really are no different. She has three books but I've only read two so far, but I'm hoping to red the other one later this year. My favourite so far though is her most recent one which is called Seriously I'm Kidding. 
I remember buying this next book a few years ago purely because it was on offer, but I do not regret that purchase one bit. This book is A Friend Like Ben by Julia Romp. I'm pretty sure I cried whilst reading this and it's about a cat. Yes, I cried at a cat, but it's extremely heart-warming, if you've read the book then you would understand. 
This next favourite of mine, well technically 3 favourites, is a huge worldwide phenomenon and I completely understand why. This is, of course, the Hunger Games series. When I first brought these books I was a bit unsure of whether I would like them or not as it wasn't something I would usually go for, but oh my gosh, all three books are amazing. The films are too. I seriously cannot get enough of them. 
The last book I'm going to mention is NYPD Red by James Patterson. I brought this book in the summer and read all 481 pages of it within five days. It was amazing, I quite literally couldn't put it down. The sequal to this book comes out this year and I'm so excited. Since reading this James Patterson has became one of my favourite authors. 
After writing a bit about some of my favourite books, so many more have popped into my mind, so I have to save them for another post.
Thanks for reading, see you Wednesday! 
P.S. You can now follow me on Twitter at @IdontHaveAlifee and I'd love it if you decided to come and say Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment