Wednesday 28 August 2013

August Challenge - Day 28

Day 28 -
A quote you like and why you like it.

I actually have a fair few favourite quotes, so I'll only explain some of them.
This quote is from one of The Hunger Games books, Mockingjay I believe, and is "Eyes on the forest not on the trees." This makes me remember the bigger picture and not to lose sight of it. It may seem bad, but it’ll be worth it in the end. It also reminds me of something Ziva said in NCIS, 'Sometimes you can't see the jungle for the ferns'. I can clearly picture her saying this which makes me smile.
This one seems rather weird but is from an episode of Glee, but I think it will make more sense once I've explained it. The quote is "Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf." This reminds me that people aren't all the same and although you don't necessarily think something is a big deal, it might be incredibly important to someone else, and tells me to sympathise for that.
Some of my other favourite quotes are:

"That which is essential is invisible to the eye"
 - The Little Prince
 
"Never limit yourself to what others think you are"
 - Cote de Pablo
 
"Even on the worst days, there's still a possibly of joy"
 - Kate Beckett - Castle
 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
   - Dr. Seuss
 
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
   - Oscar Wilde
 
"Everything in its own time."
 - Goodnight Mr Tom - Michelle Magorian
 
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people.
Being good to people is always a wonderful legacy to leave behind."
 - Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment